Funeral Celebrancy & Training Services
My role as a Funeral Celebrant is a natural extension to my therapeutic work with those who are bereaved. I see the importance of the farewell to the deceased as a celebration of their life and also a means of facilitating the beginning stages of grieving and gaining community support.
My aim is to create a unique and personal service for the deceased which is appropriate to their own belief system, wishes and tastes and those of their loved ones who are left behind. My approach is secular but not necessarily from an atheist standpoint - I will accommodate whatever religious or philosophical perspective is required. My strong focus on the importance of respecting diversity and difference is also reflected in this part of my work.
I will conduct whatever service or occasion you wish, whether a straightforward funeral, a graveside committal, a memorial or thanksgiving service, or even facilitate a wake. I will help you decide on appropriate words, poetry, music, including hymns if desired, and will always liaise with the Funeral Director if they are part of the process.
I am qualified with a Certificate in Funeral Celebrancy and am a member of the Fellowship of Professional Celebrants, a supportive organisation where members share their triumphs and challenges.
I have delivered the following trainings and am happy to do so again,or produce a particular package suitable for your organisation's needs:
- Domestic abuse, sexual violence, trauma
- Lecturing and tutoring to Diploma and BA in Counselling levels
- Development of diversity and professional components of counselling degrees
- Facilitation of personal development groups
- Delivering specialist modules in diversity issues for social work and sociology students
- Teaching interaction skills, mediation and stress management to work groups
- Training the Czech Probation and Mediation Service and Prison officers to prepare for a parole system
- Developing with the Turkish Probation Service programs to assist victims of sexual and domestic violence*.
- Running workshops for professionals on e.g. setting up in business; accreditation.
*See Lomax, M: chapter 14 in ed. McFarlane M A and Canton R, 2014: Policy Transfer in Criminal Justice Crossing Cultures, Breaking Barriers (Palgrave MacMillan)
If you would like your work or professional group to benefit from a tailored training package, please contact me with your requirements and we will discuss what is needed and whether I can supply it.